With almost two decades of joint experience managing private client funds, the Executive Directors and Investment Managers of the ‘Collins Street Value Fund’ (CSVF) have learned a thing or two about investing.
It’s no easy feat to find attractive investment opportunities. Even more difficult is conducting the additional research to qualify a well thought out idea. At CSVF, the Investment Managers insist on first hand evidence to support an investment idea. Relying on broker notes, newspaper articles or staring at a computer screen may be considered appropriate in the industry, but they believe a more considered process is necessary to succeed.
ROLLING UP OUR SLEEVES
- Speaking to management
- Speaking to competitors
- Obtaining subsidiary ASIC filings
- On the look out for overseas trends or comparisons
- Buying and testing a company’s product or service
- Visiting physical operations
- Analysing annual reports over the years
- Obtaining and reading the original IPO prospectus
- Speaking to employees, suppliers and customers